Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Vintage Circus Themed First Birthday!! Levi Turns ONE!!

I am so excited to share my son's 1st birthday party!
I still can't believe that our little Levi is already a whole year old! He has grown up so fast and has learned so much within this short amount of time. Being his momma, I have learned a much greater love than I could ever imagine. He is the greatest blessing and I am forever THANKFUL for his happy little heart.

I have been seriously working on his party since I was pregnant (is that weird?)! I thought about having a vintage circus theme party for my sweet little man when my husband and I found out we were having a baby boy and when he turned 5 months, stocking up on decor was in the works! That's because I found most of the basic decor needs at Michaels one random night and since it was exactly what I was hoping for, I couldn't pass it up! I bought the invitations, thank you cards, favor bags, cupcake liners, animal masks and matching stamps all at once and the best part? They were all in the dollar (well, dollar-fifty) bin! SCORE!
After that, I collected various toy circus animals, made a ticket booth, created a light-up ONE, made some banners and lots of other various details. I was determined NOT to procrastinate and I did pretty good at keeping that goal.

We ordered the cake and cupcakes from Simply Cake (who also made my baby shower cake). We got their signature recipe for the cupcakes which is called "Hummingbird Cake" (think similar to carrot cake but with banana and pecans) and let me tell you, those cupcakes were soooo yummy and moist! Big hit!
My friend Aurora from Vilchis Squared also stopped by for a bit and snapped these photos of the event which I am ever so grateful for! She has so much talent! Love her!

I'm really happy with the way everything turned out once we got it all set up. We all had so much fun and it was amazing to have so much love under one roof for the birthday boy! :)

Enjoy!
"Take me to the Circus"
"Favors for the little Ladies."
"Favors for the little Gents."
Remember this light-up ONE here?

I took this one on my phone of Levi reaching for the paper lanterns. Reach high little one!
 I took these photos on my phone of Levi chowing down on his cake. He seriously ate the WHOLE cake and even tried eating the cardboard cake plate! It was the funniest thing! :D

I love my little family!
Thank you to all of our family and friends who came and shared this special occasion with us! We love you all and so does Levi! A special thanks to our friends Ian and Megan who let us use their house to fill with lots of decor and our crazy family! We {heart} you guys!
 
Photography Credit: Vilchis Squared
Cake + Cupcakes: Simply Cake
Animal Masks, Invites + Favor Bags: Michaels
Decor + Setup: Love Sparkle Pretty
 
This party was featured over at Sweet Little Peanut

4 comments:

  1. So cute! Looks like he had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing display! I love how colorful it is. All the bright red really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

It makes me really happy to read your comments. Leave some LOVE and have a sweet day! :)