Thursday, March 19, 2015

Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower

A few weeks ago, I had the honor of throwing a bridal shower for a dear friend of mine who is getting married to her high school sweetheart in May! With the help of the bridesmaids and mommas, we put together a Breakfast at Tiffany's themed shower which turned out even better than I could have asked for! I was in charge of all the invites, decor and coordinating so after scouring Pinterest and thinking of some pretty yet budget friendly ideas, it all came together beautifully for an afternoon to celebrate our beloved Bride to Be.

With black and white stripes, tiffany blue, pale pink, pearls and diamonds for details, I posted some ideas at the end of the post on how to throw a similar party for a shower, birthday or brunch friends.

Here are some of the photos captured of the lovely afternoon we had.

Enjoy
I am so happy for you Steph and this new life adventure ahead of you and Nathan! I'm so honored to be able to stand at the alter with you as you say, "I DO" to the man of your dreams. I pray for an unconditional love for all the years to come in your marriage. I pray for growth not only in your love between one another but also for your friendship and spiritual walk as ONE. I pray for strength, forgiveness and grace in the hard times and complete joy and appreciation throughout the years.
I love you friend!

Budget friendly decor tips for a 
Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower

Centerpieces & Tables: I bought some tiffany blue paper bags from Party City which I tried my best to write the Tiffany & Co. logo on with a sharpie marker (I'm sure you can order tiffany bags online but I was running out of time). I filled the bags with mason jars and white and pink fresh flowers I picked up from the Farmer's Market a couple days prior (I really wanted roses but couldn't find the perfect roses anywhere I went). I used silver trays which I found from the Dollar Tree to place the centerpieces on. I also printed some Audree Hepburn prints from the computer to stick on photo holders and strung some faux pearls (both from Hobby Lobby) on the trays.
For the runners, I bought a tiffany blue plastic table cloth from Party City and cut it into 3 strips. I layed them on cloth-like table clothes which I also bought from Party City. To top off the table decor, I sprinkled faux diamonds (from Hobby Lobby) down the runner.

Photo and Dessert Backdrop: We needed backdrops that were simple yet captured the theme of the shower. For both the photo and dessert backdrops we strung streamers against the wall to create the patterns we desired-tiffany blue and modern stripes. We also used white balloons and a banner I made to attach to the photo backdrop. Easy-Peasy!

Other Decor: I thought a chandelier was certainly a must! I couldn't get a hold of a diamond chandelier so instead, I opted for a fun black chandelier from Hobby Lobby to hang above the dessert table. I also wanted to incorporate some "Tiffany & Co. boxes" so I painted a few boxes the closest to tiffany blue that I could, tied white ribbon bows around them and placed them in a few strategic spots.

Bride & Groom Advice Cards: A Bride and Groom could always use some encouragement, advice and silly stories as they embark on a new life journey together. Everyone had a lot of fun filling out the advice cards which I downloaded for free right here from The Elli Blog.

Invitations: I ordered these print at home Invites and Thank You Cards from Chromo Cuttle on Etsy which the shop owner customized for me with a black and white striped background instead of the damask print as well as some re-wording of the invite greeting. I got my order right away and highly recommend this shop for printables! 
In the invites, I added a note for the guests which said, "Darling, come dressed to impress in pearls and your favorite little black dress!" Guests had fun with this and each arrived in their pretty LBDs!

There were many other little details added to the shower as well. The ideas are really endless with this feminine and glamorous shower theme! What are some ideas you can think of?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes me really happy to read your comments. Leave some LOVE and have a sweet day! :)