Monday, April 21, 2014

"She Turned Her...Dreams Into Plans"-Small Biz Reflections


The other night, I stayed up until 12:30am to work on this Spring-inspired dreamcatcher for Elevate coming up in less than one month! I'm so excited to attend this amazing conference yet again. (See last years post & our feature in Artful Blogging). This piece, as well as a pretty daisy crown, will be up for grabs in the giveaways! These one of a kind dreamcatchers are only available by custom order through email: lovesparklepretty@aol.com.

"She turned her can'ts into cans and her dreams into plans"

This really got me thinking about how incredibly blessed I have been since this year started. With the beginning of 2014, it's been such a positive whirlwind of growth, outreach, features, collaborations, new lines and sales for Love Sparkle Pretty.

I honestly couldn't fathom doing anything else when it comes to a "job" which feels like so much more than just that one word. It's truly a passion.

Lately, I've been praying a lot about the direction of LSP. I'm to the point where it can be quite overwhelming for one person to take on alone. Especially since that one person is also a wife and a mother of a toddler...with many other hats to don. I'm trying to do it all-all the time but exhaustion has its moments of setting in. I have hired help-one time. I know I need it, my family knows I need it and my husband keeps telling me that I need it. There's this barrier that has to break to let parts of control go in order to successfully do so.

Your business will only grow as much as one person can handle. Doing the math, if I can hire help, not only can growth expand, but I can do more of "my genious work" rather than some of the tideous, perpetual tasks that take much time. Reading this post on hiring help from Maggie Whitley has really got me thinking...

As my shop is on vacay until May 1st, I am taking some time (aside from completing last minute orders) to breathe, reflect and brainstorm on how I should go about this-virtual assistant? Local hiring? etc. With my first wholesale order going out by the end of next month and a whole new bridal line coming this summer, I need to act quickly yet thoughtfully.

I know quite a few of you have met this fork in the road with your biz and I'd love to know how you got past the barriers &/or handled this situation. Please share! If you have suggestions, I'd love to hear them! 

Aside from that, I'd also love to know how your Easter was yesterday! I hope yours was as relaxed as mine (dinner with the family was all that we needed) but I know the stresses of holidays are different for everybody so vent away my friends...

& Have a wonderful Monday!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I love little dream catchers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dream catcher is amazing! LOVE the idea of adding a quote. So happy for you and your growing success!

    ReplyDelete

It makes me really happy to read your comments. Leave some LOVE and have a sweet day! :)