When I am constantly in my craft room due to a busy week of orders (like this past week), I can lose inspiration and motivation to create. I hate the feeling but it's bound to happen once in a while. This is just something I have learned in the handmade biz.
Here are some of the ways I gained inspiration when I was losing it these past few days.
1. I cleaned my craft room. There's just something about a clean room, a bare table and some added sparkle that gets the creative juices flowing.
Sequined bolero (Sparkles & Prays)
2. I doodled in my new sketch book from Kelly Rae Roberts. I'm not so great at drawing but it helps me realize new ideas once the pen touches paper and/or release stress by focusing on something else entirely. It's another great creative outlet to turn to if I can't seem to work with fabrics, beads, flowers or feathers.
3. I went out on a date with the husband to go see The Great Gatsby. If you are in need of any inspiration, this movie will certainly inject a flood of new ideas into your mind. Seriously.
4. Reading. I have been reading almost every night before bed. Whether it be a novel or the bible, reading is so relaxing and allows me to recollect. Light a candle while you're in a book and this heightens the experience.
5. Once pieces were done, coming up with new packaging ideas was a lot of fun. If I were opening up some happy mail, I'd want to see a bit of pretty details. When someone cares about the presentation (not just the product alone) of their shop, that's when you really feel appreciated. I want to convey this to each person receiving anything from Love Sparkle Pretty.
What do you do when you are in need of inspiration?
P.S. Enter for your chance to win a beaded bracelet from the shop + crochet hearts from Laila's Charming Pieces. These are bound to add some "wonderful" to your day!