Friday, October 24, 2014

An Interview with a Photographer and How I Started Love Sparkle Pretty

A couple months ago after visiting the Creative Live studio for a marketing class, I was contacted by sweet photographer and filmmaker, Sarah Shotts from Arkansas. I was so happy that she reached out to me about doing a little interview and becoming a Preferred Vendor on her website. Honestly, it's amazing how the internet can connect people in positive ways!

Below is just a peek of the interview. Read more about my story, what inspires me, what I love most about what I do and more right here.

How did you get started making floral crowns & bridal accessories? 
Back in 2009, my husband and I got engaged and once I started planning the wedding, I realized that I craved a creative outlet. From doing all of the floral design with my centerpieces, bouquets, corsages, etc. to creating coordinating flower hair clips for all of my bridesmaids as well as my veil, I fell in love with all of the different pieces you can create to bring a wedding together.
Once my husband and I got married in 2010, I kept creating flower clips for friends and family as a hobby and first opened up my Etsy shop with floral hair clips. During this time I was also attending school full time to become a nurse. Once I got accepted into nursing school, I had to completely leave my craft room to focus on my studies as well as our brand new little baby.
After several months, I realized that I intensely missed my creative outlet. After much prayer and support from my husband, I decided to leave nursing school to pursue my first passion and reopened my Etsy shop.
I started working with photographers which allowed me to expand and cultivate my design ideas. From these photo shoots, I was able to start re-branding and learning the path that I wanted Love Sparkle Pretty to take.
I found my niche in designing pieces that make romance dance in photos and bring special moments together. I love sending these pieces to others around the world that will adorn them on days they will never forget.
Hop on over to Sarah's blog, A Love Letter to Adventure to see the rest of the interview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes me really happy to read your comments. Leave some LOVE and have a sweet day! :)