Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Recently (a wedding, a styled photoshoot + a baby)

It's been a while since I've posted because lately, I have been a bit busy and priorities had been placed elsewhere.
I have been running around with baby love trying to keep up with all of his energy and excitement. Morning rituals of bath time and naked baby as well as his first dentist appointment leading to broken utensils. Whoops!
I also had 2 full days of wedding coordination starting with decorating and rehearsal time on Friday. Saturday was the big day so running around and making sure everything was going smoothly was the job on hand. Thankfully, everything did go well and there weren't too many major hiccups. I did get a bit emotional though as the bride (a dear friend of mine) danced with her husband for the first time. It was so sweet and as usual, I had tears in my eyes.
On my way to the festivities!
Sunday, after church, my husband and I decided to take our young adults bible study to the beach. It was PERFECT weather outside and many people had the same idea we did because it was pretty busy.

A few weeks ago, I was asked to participate in a bohemian inspired shoot by Beyond the Wanderlust. Without hesitation, I sent out a piece to Salem, Oregon to be featured in the photo shoot. I am absolutely in LOVE with the styling of the shoot and I'm so excited to see the rest of the photos!
Here's a sneak peek. Get the headpiece here from my shop!

Photography Credit: Hurtienne Photography

I also went to talk to the Dr. this week about having another baby soon. My husband and I have been talking about it so I wanted to make sure that since I have hypothyroid, my thyroid levels are stable and we are good to go.
He gave us the green light but I have to get ultrasounds every 6 weeks (as if I didn't have to see the Dr. enough already) because of my history with ovarian cysts. Oh boy! Keep us in your prayers that everything goes smoothly.

I took some time to myself the other morning to sit on the porch with coffee while the flowers were being watered. I keep telling myself that I need to wake up earlier to enjoy these moments more often.

I was able to get these pretty custom orders out in the mail to some brides to be!
Love these boutonnieres with vintage-inspired buttons, gold skeleton leaves, detailed pearl ribbon and pretty feathers.

These lovely flower corsage pins are going out today. They are inspired by these corsage pins in my shop and came out beautifully!

Lastly, I have also been trying to get Unit 3 done of  my Wedding and Event Planning course. All of that has been put on the back burner while I try to focus more on my shop but I have scheduled the units back into my agenda so I may doing more updates soon!

As far as 4th of July goes, we have yet to make any plans. We seem to spend the 4th all over the place and they seem to always be last minute plans.
What are you doing for Independence Day?

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful work on the piece for Beyond the Wanderlust. I so wanted to participate in it... but, was gone on vacation that week. Grace from Hurtienne Photography is AMAZING. Sounds like a busy and wonderful weekend. Glad to hear that the wedding went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pieces!! It looks like you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I'm your newest follower! Your blog is so pretty! And I'm super impressed by all of your talents, you are so creative! I love the feather boutonnieres. ;)

    ReplyDelete

It makes me really happy to read your comments. Leave some LOVE and have a sweet day! :)