Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The BIGGEST leap of faith.

I just made one of the biggest decisions in my 23 years of living. I feel quite liberated actually! I have made the choice to leave nursing school. Yes, I am now a "nursing school drop-out"! Not because I can't do it (I know I can) but because I know there is another path for me.
I have shed tears due to stress, confusion, happiness, and sadness.
I missed being at home with my husband and my son.
I missed my shop.
I missed being creative.
I missed daydreaming of new ideas.
I missed seeing my friends.
I missed not being stressed out 24/7.
I used to think that doing what I loved to do should only be a hobby-otherwise it would lose all of it's value.
I used to think that if I left nursing school, I would regret all of the time and hard work I put into it.
I used to think that I was superwoman and I could handle having a full plate.
I used to think that it would get easier if I just stayed.
 
I believe that God doesn't waste our experiences and I don't regret going through the schooling that I have and dedicating my time to it. Nursing will always have a positive impact on my life.
 
I have met some amazing, life-long friends along the way.
I have learned to listen and not just hear.
I have learned about the power of healing by touch and just holding someone's hand.
I have learned that no matter how great you are at technical skills, the ability to have a positive impact on someone's attitude matters most.
I have prayed with a complete stranger and continue to pray for her.
I have seen depressed people smile.
I realized that God places people in your life for a reason, whether it's for a short period of time or much longer.
I have seen how technology can play a huge role in healing.
I have seen inside of the human body and the intricate anatomy that we don't get to see on a regular basis.
I overcame my fear of handling needles.
I learned what being an advocate really means.
I also learned that although I love making others feel better, I don't need an RN license to do that.
It was hard to fight off feelings that there was something else that I was created to do while I tried my best to study and read and finish care plans and make drug cards. I am fortunate enough to have a choice in what I want to do for the rest of my life and not what I have to do.
I am grateful for my supporting husband, family, and friends.
This decision will be one that I will forever look at as a {life changing experience} and I feel at peace with my decision. My priorities right now is my family and expanding my creativity (maybe even a visit to NY? :)
I have several projects underway and I will be opening my shop again soon.
Right now, it's time for a breather and a bit of relaxation.
 

4 comments:

  1. Life is an adventure, make it a good one! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Its always important to do what you feel is best even if the decision sometimes isn't so easy! Enjoy those two men in your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog, and I already love it. I just went through a similar thing, I am a Physical Therapist Assistant, but it was not my passion at all. I love creating and making things. I opened an Etsy shop last year and neglected it until just this March when I decided to leave therapy and pursue a handmade business full time. We will see where this journey leads! Its great to be encouraged to do what you love, because I still struggle with getting a degree and now not wanting it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

It makes me really happy to read your comments. Leave some LOVE and have a sweet day! :)