Tuesday, February 19, 2013

New Hairpieces + DIY Chalkboard + Flowers at a Tea Party

I feel like last week I blew up the "blog feed" with a post almost every day. Lately though, I have been a bit absent from the feed but that doesn't mean I was necessarily taking a break. Lately, I have been getting orders done, I lead a very humbling mission by sharing God's love with the homeless, and even worked on a few things for a gorgeous photo shoot with Vilchis Squared. Not to mention, I even did some yard work! :)

Here are a couple orders that went in the mail recently.

This piece was made to be worn for a bridal shower. It's a smaller version of this piece from my shop. It was created using ivory magnolia petals, lace, chiffon, pearls, a skeleton leaf, an ivory marabou feather, some french veiling and a crystal brooch for the center. I just adore this hairpiece!

These fun sparkle bows were also completed for a few sorority sisters who belong to Delta Delta Delta. We came up with the idea to attach 3 triangle swarovski crystals to the center of each (since the Greek letter for delta is a triangle shape).

I also hung a new little piece of decor in my craft room. I got this cute DIY chalkboard from our Valentine Tea hosted by our women's bible study. This was made by sweet Lindsay. :)


I took some pictures for a dear friend of mine. She wanted new photos for her blog and since she is super talented and created new pieces for her shop, we covered those too.

Isn't her daughter Laila just adorable? :)

Here's one of her new crochet clutches with removable flower clip.
Get it from her shop Laila's Charming Pieces.

I also started my floral design class. So far though, I have only read the syllabus since our instructor wasn't there the first day of class. It was the day before Valentine's day which means BUSY for florists.

Speaking of flowers, I created a few different floral arrangements for a friend's photo shoot a couple nights ago.

Here's a sneak peek of the shoot! Photography + styling credit goes to {ever so talented} Aurora from Vilchis Squared. Can't wait to see the rest of the photos!


I hope your week is going well! Any fun plans? I'd love to hear about them!

7 comments:

  1. That table looks dreamy!!! The kind of place where I would love to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My friend is definitely talented and it was so much fun to be a part of!

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful photos and product and baby. Just a wonderful post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Sierra! The chalkboard is so pretty right? :)
    I love creating hairpieces too! So feminine. <3

    Hope your week goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That white flower is beautiful! I wish I would have had that for my wedding! ;) Such perfect attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popped by from the bloghop! Your chalkboard looks great! I made one but haven't been happy with my handwriting on it yet...still need a little more practice!

    ReplyDelete

It makes me really happy to read your comments. Leave some LOVE and have a sweet day! :)